Thursday, May 21, 2009

Turning Points

On our life journey we make countless choices. Most of them are (or at least seem) not very imoprtant -- others are pretty significant. I think the choices we make are decicive in the journey of who we are becoming. They determine what we will spend out time with, the people we surround ourselves with and they show the priorities we set in our lives.

I made one of these choices that feels very significant this past January. Walking through the Forbidden city in Beijing Matt shared much about his heart for Chinese university students, his ministry philosophy, his values... and I thought "that's what my heart beats for; that touches the core of who I want to become". I can only imagine the impact this decision will have on who I am becoming. There is no doubt that God will transform and shape me more into the person he wants me to be through this choice. It will have a significant impact on what I will spend my time with, the people who will surround me for the coming years and how I will set my priorities.

I am so grateful to God that he cares about me so much that he actually wants me to change who I am and that he is full of grace when I fall short of who I am supposed to be. May we all have the courage to become who we are intended to be!

1 comment:

  1. I am still reading this book based on your recommendation. I am in total agreement with your thoughts about allowing God to transform us into what He wants us to be for Him. This is a gradual and slow process, and sometimes the pruning is painful. As I stand here today, I can say the "pain" is worth it. I love the new creature that I continue to see in God's handi-work! May you be blessed as you continue to seek to serve Him and allow us to imitate you.

    ReplyDelete